Barley Breakfast Bowl
- Total Calories 699
- Total Fat 38g
- Total Sodium 141mg
- Potassium 1004mg
- Total Carbohydrates 70g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 19g
- Vitamin A 154%
- Vitamin C 85%
- Calcium 28%
- Iron 28%
Total Calories Total Fat Total Sodium Potassium Total Carbohydrates Sugars Protein Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron B12
1. Preheat oven to 180.
2. Line baking tray with baking paper.
3. Remove skin and cut the pumpkin into 2cm cubes, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place on baking tray, with pepitas and almonds if they are natural (unroasted) and cook for approximately 20 mins or until just softened.
5. Meanwhile, cook barley as per instructions (usually 1 cup barley to 3 1/5 cups water, boiled for 35 mins). Once cooked, drain off excess liquid and set aside to cool - this can actually be prepared in advance.
6. Chop mushrooms and lightly fry with balsamic vinegar and a small amount of olive oil if required.
7. Chop up kale, coriander and chilli and place in a large bowl.
8. Add cooked pumpkin, pepitas, almonds and cooled barley, then toss gently to combine.
9. For an extra chilli hit, drizzle with a little chilli oil.
10. Season with salt and pepper as required then squeeze lemon juice over the top and gently toss again to combine.
11. Top with cooked mushrooms and sliced avocado to serve.