Beetroot, Barley & Macadamia Salad
- Total Calories 527
- Total Fat 33g
- Total Sodium 85mg
- Potassium 154mg
- Total Carbohydrates 46g
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 10g
- Vitamin A 23%
- Vitamin C 77%
- Calcium 11%
- Iron 9%
Total Calories Total Fat Total Sodium Potassium Total Carbohydrates Sugars Protein Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron B12
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (356°F).
2. Cook pearl barley according to packet instructions. I use the VEE Homemade Vegetable Stock for extra flavour. Allow to cool before using.
3. Cut beetroot into roughly 1x2cm chunks and coat in EVOO and balsamic.
4. Cook beetroot in the oven for approximately 15 mins until softened. Don't overcook though as they will dry out.
5. Slice oranges ready for use.
6.Combine all components with rocket and macadamias. Mix together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.
7. Season with a little salt to serve.
Leave a Reply