Dirty Chai, Quinoa & Apple Overnight Jars
- Total Calories 384
- Total Fat 8g
- Total Sodium 109mg
- Potassium 432mg
- Total Carbohydrates 69g
- Sugars 24g
- Protein 11g
- Vitamin A 1%
- Vitamin C 8%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 23%
Total Calories Total Fat Total Sodium Potassium Total Carbohydrates Sugars Protein Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron B12
1. Place quinoa, oat milk and spices in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer for approximately 15 mins or until the liquid halves.
2. Reduce the heat a little further and add the coffee. Allow this to lightly simmer for a further 5 mins. You want to make sure that there is still enough liquid to cover the quinoa as this will continue to absorb overnight.
3. Chop the apple into chunks and add to a saucepan with water and cinnamon.
4. Simmer for up to 10 mins until apple is softened and liquid has reduced and become syrup like.
5. Allow quinoa and apple to cool to room temperature.
6. Once cooled, place 4 tbsp of quinoa in a jar, then add 1 1/2 tbsp of apple and syrup. Top with another 4 tbsp of quinoa, then top with remaining apple and syrup.
7. Fasten lid on jar and place in the fridge overnight.
Leave a Reply