Jollof Rice with Tofu Bites
- Total Calories 212
- Total Fat 11g
- Total Sodium 979mg
- Potassium 79mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 7g
- Vitamin A 20%
- Vitamin C 134%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 6%
Total Calories Total Fat Total Sodium Potassium Total Carbohydrates Sugars Protein Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron B12
1. In large pan heat the oil, add onions and cook until they are translucent.
2. Add garlic, ginger and chilis and cook for another minute until fragrant.
3. Add salt and rice and stir whilst toasting the rice for 2 minutes.
4. Add paprika, thyme, tomatoes, water and stock and stir to combine.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes with lid on. Liquid should be absorbed.
6. Whilst simmering take another pan to prepare the tofu bites. Heat the oil then add the spices, salt and tofu and gently sauté the tofu until golden on most edges.
7. Take pan off the heat and let rice sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a form and serve with tofu.