Red Lentil & Aubergine Tandoori Curry
- Total Calories 198
- Total Fat 8g
- Total Sodium 974mg
- Potassium 224mg
- Total Carbohydrates 18g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 8g
- Vitamin C 5%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 6%
Total Calories Total Fat Total Sodium Potassium Total Carbohydrates Sugars Protein Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron B12
1. Place 1 tbsp of olive oil in large saucepan and add the aubergine. Gently fry for 5 minutes until brown and tender. Set aside.
2. Add another 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan and fry the garlic, ginger and onion until browned. Add the tandoori paste and fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
3. Add water and rinsed red lentils, and boil for 5 minutes.
4. Add cooked aubergine and continue to simmer for another 25 minutes.
5. Add the coconut milk and heat through.
6. Serve with basmati rice and Indian condiments.