Sweet Potato & Lemon Quinoa Salad
- Total Calories 466
- Total Fat 18g
- Total Sodium 206mg
- Potassium 519mg
- Total Carbohydrates 61g
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 16g
- Vitamin A 335%
- Vitamin C 84%
- Calcium 9%
- Iron 8%
Total Calories Total Fat Total Sodium Potassium Total Carbohydrates Sugars Protein Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron B12
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F) and line baking tray with baking paper.
2. Tear apart kale into small pieces and place in a separate bowl.
3. Mince ginger and combine with lemon juice then pour over kale to soften.
4. Wash sweet potato (no need to remove skin) and cut into chunks. Coat with coconut oil and season with salt.
5. Roast for approximately 20 mins until starting to soften.
6. While roasting, chop red onion, garlic and parsley and lightly fry to soften.
7. Meanwhile, combine quinoa with 3 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat slightly and continue to boil for approx. 15 mins. Be sure to keep an eye on this as the quinoa will absorb the water and reduce quite quickly. Top it up as needed to just cover. You will know this is ready when the quinoa looks as though it is sprouting and the liquid has reduced. Turn off heat. It should still be quite wet - this additional liquid will be absorbed as it cools slightly.
8. Crush or roughly chop almonds and then add to sweet potato and roast for 5-10 more minutes being careful not to overcook the sweet potato. Once ready, allow to cool.
9. Combine kale, onion/garlic/parsley mixture, roasted sweet potato and almonds with quinoa to serve