Vee Baked Beans
- Total Calories 341
- Total Fat 6g
- Total Sodium 228mg
- Potassium 447mg
- Total Carbohydrates 46g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 20g
- Vitamin A 11%
- Vitamin C 48%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 28%
Total Calories Total Fat Total Sodium Potassium Total Carbohydrates Sugars Protein Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron B12
1. Dice or blitz onions and garlic cloves. Cook over medium heat in a large pot with olive oil if required, until softened.
2. Add cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon, oregano and nutmeg and chopped coriander. Stir in onion and garlic to coat. Cook for 5 minutes to infuse and dry the mixture slightly.
3. Add all beans (dry and tinned).
4. Add tomatoes, diced capsicum, chilli and vegetable stock. Stir to combine.
5. Simmer over a medium heat for 1.5 - 2 hrs. Stirring occasionally to prevent sticking to the base of the pot. Liquid should have reduced and thickened before serving.
Top with fresh coriander and extra chilli.
Freezes and reheats well!
NOTE: This recipe can also be prepared in a slow cooker, producing a softer flavour. Complete step 1 & 2 as directed then add to the slow cooker.