Healing Broth & Low Salt Stock
With the discovery of mounting evidence that gut health is a driving force behind our well-being, we wanted to find a plant-based alternative to boiling up a heap of animal bones. This vegetable version which is suitable for vegans contains a selection of vegetables and herbs that will not only help to heal your gut but will also give your immune system a boost.
- Total Calories 32
- Total Fat 1g
- Total Sodium 105mg
- Potassium 148mg
- Total Carbohydrates 6g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin A 43%
- Vitamin C 20%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 3%
Total Calories Total Fat Total Sodium Potassium Total Carbohydrates Sugars Protein Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron B12
1. Roughly chop all vegetables listed and place in a large pot (4L capacity or above).
2. Add remaining ingredients including water.
3. Slowly heat to simmer then continue simmering for 45 minutes.
4. Strain liquid into small jars and store.
5. Place remaining vegetables into a food processor and process to a fine consistency.
6. Transfer to small jars and store.
Note: When serving broth top up with hot water to achieve desired consistency and when using stock use 1 tablespoon in place of 1 stock cube.
Broth can remain refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 3 months.
Stock can remain frozen for up to 8 months. The addition of the salt to the stock will preserve the ingredients and also stop it from freezing completely.
**Nutritional information relative to broth only as stock paste will contain approximately 50 serves.
Leave a Reply